Finally, I have got a chance today to review new features of Apache Derby 10.7.1.1. Quite Promising!
Still I need to check effect of these new features from JPA Tooling perspective of Eclipse and other IDEs, as well as ORM code generation tools e.g. Hibernate, EclipseLink etc.
- Definer’s rights – Procedures and functions can now run with their creators’ privileges, rather than with the current user’s permissions.
- BOOLEAN data type – Boolean is now a legal data type for columns, routine arguments, and function return values.
- Table truncation – A new TRUNCATE TABLE command drops all rows in a table quickly.
- Query plan browsing – A new PlanExporter tool helps developers visualize query plans better.
- Unicode database names – Remote clients can now use database names which include Unicode characters outside the ASCII codeset.